The Zone is a two-strap Velcro shoe that combines the award-winning comfort and breathability of our Momentum climbing shoes, with the high-performance last of our Shadows to create a shoe built for sending at the gym or the crag. The Zone’s upper consist of our Engineered Knit Technology, which provides stretch where you need it, support where it matters and all around exceptional breathability-meaning you can go hard at the gym without worrying about your feet overheating. The shoe’s last is downturned and based on our aggressive shape, making the Zone adept at pulling hard on steep rock or plastic. The Zone’s sticky Fuze rubber is molded - inspired by the way we forge our carabiners - and not cut from one sheet of rubber. This is our engineered solution to optimize our shoe’s rubber and rands for consistency and comfort. The shoe’s vamp area also has printed rubber for extra friction while toe-hooking, and the medium-flex midsole adds a balance of sensitivity and power. For hard training sessions, this is the Zone you want to be in.
Fitting the Black Diamond Zone and Zone LV
- The Zone and Zone LV are marked with US men’s
- US women’s
- EU sizes, and UK sizing US women’s sizes are one size larger for the same length than the US men’s size indication.
- Ex.: US men’s 8 = US women’s 9 = EU 40.5 = UK 7
- Start with your US shoe size in either men’s or women’s. If possible, measure your foot on a Brannock device (like in a shoe store) to accurately determine the length and width of your foot.
- If your foot width is D or wider you should choose a Zone. If you have a C or narrower you should choose a Zone LV.
- For a performance fit, add .5 to your US shoe size (e.g. A US men’s 8 should get a US men’s 8.5).
- For a comfort fit, add 1 to your US shoe size (e.g. A US women’s 8 should get a US women’s 9).